January 3, 2024 (Chadds Ford, PA) –Eight teachers in the region will receive Teacher Mini-Grants to fund projects in their classroom. The grant application was open to kindergarten through twelfth grade teachers to help fund innovative student-oriented educational experiences that might not otherwise be funded.
Grants we awarded to these applicants:
- Eileen Spaniak, Chichester High School, to purchase two drones
- Brittany Hinderhofer, Darby Township School, to purchase supplies for a communal sensory closet
- Janiene Kwoczak, Haverford Middle School, to purchase specialized cardboard art-cutting tools
- Nicholas Costa, High School of the Future, to purchase drum sticks and bass drum mallets
- Todd Picard, Hillendale Elementary School, to purchase LEGO Education Learning System Sets
- Christine Regino, Interboro Kindergarten Academy, to purchase Cubetto Playsets, a coding program for autistic support students
- Lisa Harrison Cobb, Strath Haven Middle School, to purchase supplies to host STEM Physic Wars
- Elizabeth O’Mara, West Vincent Elementary School, to purchase STEAM lab equipment
The Teacher Mini-Grant application runs annually from September through November.
About FMFCU Foundation
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation was founded in 2007 to support charitable and educational causes within the community served by Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. Programs include Food Insecurity Fund, Delco Hi-Q, educational grants, scholarships, and charitable giving. . To learn how you can support a variety of educational initiatives, visit fmfcufoundation.org