FMFCU Foundation is proud to award grants, scholarships and awards to those serving our community.
Nonprofit Community Grants
One-time grants up to $1,000 to local nonprofit organizations
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation will fund programs or projects that deliver measurable, sustainable improvements in the communities we serve. These grants are intended to strengthen nonprofits and enhance programs in our community. Applications will be accepted June 24, 2019 through August 1, 2019.
- Areas of Funding: Youth, Workforce Development, Health and Human Services
- Amount: Up to $1,000
- Organizations applying must:
- have a 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- be located in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or New Castle counties; West Philadelphia or University City.
This year’s application period has ended. View the list of this year’s recipients here.
Teacher Mini Grants
Ten (10) one-time grants ranging from $200 – $500 for classroom needs
FMFCU Foundation will fund innovative educational experiences for K-12 students that may not otherwise be funded in the 2019-2020 school year. Teachers may request funds for classroom supplies, technology, books, funding for classroom projects or programs. Applications will be accepted through November 1, 2019.
- Amount: Up to $500
- Applicant must:
- teach at a school located in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, New Castle Counties, West Philadelphia, or University City
- request funds that will fully fund all items related to a project
- plan on completing the project during the 2019-2020 school year
John D. Unangst Memorial Scholarship
High School seniors can apply for one of five one-time $3,000 scholarships
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation is committed to education of youth in our community. FMFCU Foundation will award the prestigious John D. Unangst Memorial Scholarships to five high school seniors who will be attending a full time course of study at an accredited two or four year college, university, trade, technical, or business school. Applications will be accepted online only through January 15, 2020.
The application consists of contact and school information and an essay answering the question: What is a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart?
Excellence in Teaching Awards
Local teachers can be nominated to receive $500 grants towards educational expenses and $1,000 for their school.
This year’s nomination period will open in September 2019. Check back for more information on how to nominate a special teacher!