FMFCU Foundation is proud to award grants, scholarships and awards to those serving our community.
John D. Unangst Memorial Scholarship
High School seniors can apply for one of five one-time $3,000 scholarships
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation is committed to education of youth in our community. FMFCU Foundation will award the prestigious John D. Unangst Memorial Scholarships to five high school seniors who will be attending a full time course of study at an accredited two or four year college, university, trade, technical, or business school.
The application consists of contact and school information and an essay answering the question: What is a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart?
This year’s application period has ended. View the 2021 recipients here.
Teacher Mini Grants
One-time grants ranging from $200 – $500 for classroom needs
FMFCU Foundation will fund innovative educational experiences for K-12 students that may not otherwise be funded in the 2020-2021 school year. Teachers may request funds for classroom supplies, technology, books, funding for classroom projects or programs. The 2020-2021 Teacher Mini Grants are made possible by a grant from the Minford Foundation.
- Amount: Up to $500
- Applicant must:
- teach at a school located in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, New Castle Counties, West Philadelphia, or University City
- request funds that will fully fund all items related to a project
- plan on completing the project during the school year
This year’s application period has ended. View the 2020-2021 recipients here.
Nonprofit Community Grants
One-time grants up to $1,000 to local nonprofit organizations
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation will fund programs or projects that deliver measurable, sustainable improvements in the communities we serve. These grants are intended to strengthen nonprofits and enhance programs in our community. The next application period will be announced.
- Areas of Funding: Youth, Workforce Development, Health and Human Services
- Amount: Up to $1,000
- Organizations applying must:
- have a 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- be located in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or New Castle counties; West Philadelphia or University City.
Application now open! Deadline: June 30, 2021
Excellence in Teaching Awards
Local teachers can be nominated to receive $1,000 grants towards educational expenses and $1,000 for their school.
The Excellence in Teaching Award recognizes 20 outstanding and dedicated teachers in our area. Recipients of this award receive $1,000 towards classroom expenses and a commemorative keepsake. The recipient’s school also receives a $1,000 award. A total of $40,000 will be awarded to schools and educators! The next application will be announced.
- Teachers can be nominated by students, parents, co-workers or supervisors!
- Nominees must be Pennsylvania- or Delaware-certified active teachers in good standing that provide direct instruction to students in a classroom setting.
- Nominees must teach in one of the following counties:
- New Castle
This year’s nomination period has ended.