Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation is now accepting Community Grant Applications for projects to strengthen nonprofits and enhance programs in our community. Each grant will fund up to $1,000 for a specific project or program needed to make the community a better place. Grants may be used toward the continuation of an existing program or a new initiative.
The 2023 Community Nonprofit Grants will focus on programs that provide:
- Programs that engage youth and their families
- Programs that enhance workforce development through employment and training
- Programs that benefit the social, economic, mental and physical wellbeing of individuals and families in the local area
Organizations with a 501(c)(3) status and located in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or New Castle counties, West Philadelphia or University City are eligible.
Applications are due June 30, 2023 and can be submitted electronically at www.fmfcufoundation.org/awards
Since this grants’ origination in 2019, almost $20,000 has been granted to local nonprofits making a difference in our communities. Past recipients include:
- Arts Holding Hands and Hearts (West Chester, PA) received a grant to deliver 400 books through the Greater Coatesville Imagination Library.
- College Possible Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) received a grant to support the high school programs in both Upper Darby High School and Penn Wood High School.
- The Deaf-Hearing Communication Centre (Swarthmore, PA) received a grant to create and print a communication card that will assist both police and members of the Deaf and hard of hearing communities in any interaction.
- Thresholds in Delaware County, Inc. (Thornton, PA) received a grant towards the inmate mentoring and training programs.
- Yeadon Economic Development Corporation (Yeadon, PA) received a grant to fund a career day engaging small businesses and high school students in that area.
FMFCU Foundation supports and recognizes education and charitable initiatives in communities served by Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. Programs include the Excellence in Teaching Award, scholarships, Teacher Mini-Grants, Delco Hi-Q Academic Competition, and a number of other educational initiatives and awards.