Chadds Ford, PA – FMFCU Foundation’s Food Insecurity Fund raises money annually to donate to local organizations fighting food insecurity. The goal of the Food Insecurity Fund is to help food banks improve food access for our neighbors, continuing to raise and distribute funds to local food banks.
FMFCU Foundation has identified the following as 2023 Food Insecurity Fund recipients:
- ACCESS Community Center- Chester, PA
- The Bernardine Center- Chester, PA
- Chester County Food Bank- Exton, PA
- Coatesville Community Food Co-Op- Coatesville, PA
- Delco Food Project- Aston, PA
- Food Bank of Delaware- Newark, DE
- Holy Cross Food Pantry- Clifton Heights, PA
- Murphy’s Giving Market- Upper Darby, PA
- Neighbor to Neighbor Community Development Corporation, Inc.- Sharon Hill, PA
- Philabundance- Philadelphia, PA
- SHARE Food Program- Ridley, PA
These organizations served communities during the pandemic and continue to serve more people as the cost of food continues to rise.
In July, FMFCU Foundation collaborated with 14 other credit unions and legislators to donate food and funds to Philabundance. Together, the group donated over 2,400 pounds of food and $26,000 in donation funds.
FMFCU Foundation was able to raise significant funds for Food Insecurity Fund at its 2023 Golf Classic held in June at Radley Run Country Club.
FMFCU Foundation supports and recognizes education and charitable initiatives in communities served by Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. Programs include the Excellence in Teaching Awards, scholarships, education grants, food insecurity, Delco Hi-Q Academic Competition, and directly funds a number of other educational initiatives and awards. Since January 2021, FMFCU Foundation has distributed over $46,000 to area food banks.