FMFCU Foundation is pleased to announce the selection of seven remarkable nonprofit organizations as recipients of the 2023 Nonprofit Community Grant, totaling $7,000. These grants are intended to support initiatives that bring about measurable and sustainable improvements in the communities served by the Foundation. Each of the seven grantees will receive $1,000 to fuel projects that have the potential to create a positive and lasting impact on the lives of approximately 2,000 individuals.
From empowering local youth through education and nourishment to fostering green spaces for senior citizens, these diverse initiatives embody the spirit of community development and collaboration. The 2023 grantees are as follows:
- Chester Community Improvement Project (Chester, PA) This organization will conduct pre-housing credit classes to empower individuals in pursuit of affordable housing opportunities.
- Peter’s Place (Radnor, PA) In an effort to provide solace to children coping with loss, Peter’s Place will establish a childhood bereavement healing garden.
- Rebel Ventures (Philadelphia, PA) Rebel Ventures aims to cultivate healthy eating habits among schoolchildren and the community by preparing nutritious and delicious meals together.
- Purple House Project PA Inc. (Collingdale, PA) By distributing transportation gift cards, this organization will extend assistance to women in need, ensuring access to vital resources.
- Literacy Delaware (Wilmington, DE) Literacy Delaware will use the grant to acquire crucial literacy testing materials, fostering enhanced educational opportunities.
- Howard J. Weston Community & Senior Center, Inc. (New Castle, DE) This center will construct a shed for gardening activities, providing a therapeutic and engaging space for seniors.
- Calculators Count (Penn Valley, PA) Calculators Count is dedicated to enriching STEM education for Philadelphia students by equipping them with essential tools and resources.
Rick Durante, Executive Director of FMFCU Foundation, expressed his enthusiasm for these transformative initiatives, stating, “We are thrilled to support these outstanding organizations who exemplify dedication, innovation, and a true commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of those they serve.”
Since the initiation of the Community Nonprofit Grant in 2019, FMFCU Foundation has disbursed over $25,000 to local nonprofit organizations, fostering collaborative projects that strengthen community bonds and uplift individuals in need.