Join FMFCU Foundation in honoring and celebrating those who make an extraordinary impact in our community. The 2023 FMFCU Foundation Celebration will be held in-person at The Drexelbrook, Drexel Hill, PA on Thursday, April 27th.
Twenty outstanding teachers will be honored by Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation, DCIU, and The Delaware County Daily Times with the highly regarded Excellence in Teaching Award and an FMFCU Foundation cash grant for their school and classroom. Included are educators from schools serving students in Delaware County, Chester County and Philadelphia.
2023 Excellence in Teaching Award Recipients:
- Adrienne Henry– Manoa Elementary School, School District of Haverford Township
- Alexis Culp– Murrell Dobbins CTE High School, School District of Philadelphia
- Ann Marie Willoughby– Penn Wood High School, William Penn School District
- Dana Karsh– Garrettford Elementary, Upper Darby School District
- Dana Welc– Media Elementary School, Rose Tree Media School District
- Devon Hartzell- Springton Lake Middle School, Rose Tree Media School District
- Dianne Hilferty– Amosland Elementary School, Ridley School District
- Douglas Ballard– Upper Darby High School, Upper Darby School District
- Jennifer Cipollone– Marple Newtown High School, Marple Newtown School District
- John Fulton– Lynnewood Elementary School, School District of Haverford Township
- Jonathan Rapp– Penn Wood High School, William Penn School District
- Katie Garvin– Interboro High School, Interboro School District
- Keri Scott– Haverford Middle School, School District of Haverford Township
- Kristin Harkness– Glenwood Elementary School, Rose Tree Media School District
- Mandy Mount– Unionville Elementary School, Unionville-Chadds Ford School District
- Michele Kryder– Phoenixville Area Early Learning Center, Phoenixville Area School District
- Noelle Newton– Loomis Elementary School, Marple Newtown School District
- Rachel Cammisa– Horace Howard Furness High School, School District of Philadelphia
- Tracey Ticknor– Norwood School, Interboro School District
- Vicky Lewis– Delaware County Intermediate Unit , Delaware County Intermediate Unit
FMFCU Foundation will pay special tribute to a deserving non-profit while providing resources to allow the organization to continue its great work through the Community Champion Award. This annual Community Champion Award is presented to Teachers’ Teammates. The mission at Teachers’ Teammates is to ensure all K-12 teachers and students in Delaware County, PA, have the resources to thrive in their education.
Five high school seniors will be awarded the prestigious John D. Unangst Memorial Scholarship, a $3,000 scholarship toward college education.
2023 John D. Unangst Scholarship Recipients:
- Bianca Brown– Springfield High School
- Erin Chapmond– Oxford Area High School
- Maeve Gilroy– Haverford High School
- Laniyah Emile– Franklin Learning Center
- Ryan McLaughlin– Malvern Preparatory School
FMFCU Foundation and Delaware County Intermediate Unit welcome Cyrise Dixon into the Delco Hi-Q Hall of Honor. This prestigious designation is bestowed upon past Hi-Q participants who have distinguished themselves through career or community service or upon educators and supporters who have made extraordinary contributions to Delco Hi-Q.
The celebration also honors all students and their faculty advisors who participated in the monumental 75th season of Delco Hi-Q, the nation’s oldest, continuous academic quiz competition and the All Delco Hi-Q team. Each of this season’s three winning teams and the most improved team will be highlighted.
2022-2023 Delco Hi-Q Finalist Teams
- Champions, Garnet Valley High School
- Second Place, Radnor High School
- Third Place, Delaware County Christian School
- Tom McCarthy Most Improved, Archbishop Carroll High School
Register today to be a part of honoring those who make an extraordinary impact! Reservations at $55 each and sponsorships available for purchase at fmfcufoundation.org/events.
Thank you to our generous sponsors and supporters: Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union, the Wilbur C. and Betty Lea Henderson Foundation, DCIU, CCRES, and The Daily Times.
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation, a 501 (c)(3), supports charitable and educational causes within the communities served by Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union.